Dunedin Mews site achieves Secured by Design Accreditation
LEATHWAITE ® have achieved accreditation from the Metropolitan Police for the Dunedin Mews site against the Secured by Design Initiative. Secured by Design focuses on crime prevention at the design, layout and construction stages of homes and promotes the use of security standards for a wide range of applications and products.
LEATHWAITE ® site achieves Secured by Design Accreditation consulted with the Metropolitan Police’s local Crime Prevention Design Advisor from the early stages of the project to ensure compliance with the initiative. The advice provided helped drive the design of the development, the selection of suppliers and choice of products to increase the security of the development. The areas covered include:-
- Design of boundary treatments
- Pedestrian entrance gates and door access control, including video door entry.
- External and Security lighting
- Location and design of postal retrieval system.
- Postion and design of secure cycle storage
- All windows and external doors supplied by a Secured by Design accredited supplier and to meet Secured By Design requirements including locking mechanisms, frame design, type of glass etc.
For more details of the Secured by Design initiative click here.